Monday, August 8, 2011

My Garden


My garden is in front of my reading room. I turned a small plot of land into a garden two years ago. At first my father selected the plot of land. It was fertile and to the sun. Then I ploughed it well to make the soil loose. I also pulled out grass and weeds around. I put enough manure to it and planted flower plants and sowed seeds of vegetables. I put a strong fence round the plot to keep away cattle and naughty children. Thus the garden was laid out. I divided my garden into two equal parts. In one part of the garden, there are the rose, the sun flower, the kabari, the champa, the bakul, the hasnahena, the jesmine and the night queen. When the flowers are in full bloom it looks like stars in the sky. Each flower has a color of its own and each of them has its own sweets smell. In the other part of my garden I produce different kinds of vegetables. Caulis flowers and cabbages are remarkable among them. My parent’s become very glad when I take those to them. A garden requires nursing and protection. I work in it everyday for one or two hours. I make the soil loose, weed out weeds and grass and water the plants regularly. I also do the work of manuring. The results I get from the garden are quite wholesome. Before  I laid out this garden. I was a sickly boy. I lost my appetite and was very weak. But when I started this garden and worked in it for sometime my health improved. Besides this, my gardens vegetable saves a lot of family expenses. Thus my garden is a source of health, wealth and pleasure to me. My joy knows no bounds when I go to the garden and see the flowers in full bloom and the trees laden with fruits. The beauty of the flowers and fruits of my garden gives me great pleasure.

4 comments: